Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Altec 824A

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Bryon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2003
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just picked up a Altec Iconic 824A speaker, mainly because I'm so impressed with my model 19s -

    This speaker has a date of 1956 on the back. Could anyone tell me about what I bought.

    thanks

    Bryon

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Bryon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2003
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great - Thanks for the information GM - now for the next request. Am I likely going to be able to find a companion so I can use it for stereo applications - I checked on epay but there weren't any listed at this time - Do they come around often? and is it worth it?

    thanks

    Bryon

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    I don't follow epay, so don't have a clue. Worth is in the eye of the beholder and I personally have zero interest in bi-flex units, but some folks really enjoy them. To me, Altec means duplex units and big a$$ horns/multiple 15" woofers, but as always YMMV.

    GM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.